Senior Life & Disability Underwriter – MAS
Job TitleSenior Life & Disability Underwriter
CompanyMedical Assurance Society (MAS)
Are you looking for a fresh start and purpose led organisation you can be proud of?
MAS is more than an insurance and financial services provider. We are doing the mahi to inspire a healthier Aotearoa and we aren’t leaving anyone behind. Our MAS foundation whāinga is to improve health and wellbeing equity by making a positive impact in underserved communities.
We are selective about our investments. We invest more than $2 billion in funds that are playing their part in supporting global health and well-being and only invest in organisations who meet our environmental, social and governance practice standards
This role is focused on continuing the success of MAS’s Life and Disability portfolio, providing sound underwriting assessment and advice for all MLA products in accordance with MAS policy and standards, whilst ensuring that MAS is optimizing growth, profitability and revenue aspirations by making it easy for members to do business with us.
In addition, a great perk of working for a small successful business is there will be ample opportunity to significantly contribute & influence through various areas of your role more than most larger competitors.
What we are looking for
- Established underwriting skills working in strong intermediate or senior competency
- Full understanding of the insurance industry
- Strong understanding and knowledge of relevant policy and legislation
- Good negotiating and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well established telephone underwriting skills
- Ability to relate to senior professionals in their field
- Self-managing with strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates a high level of technical knowledge and sound decision making