Suncorp is an organisation on the move! We focus on innovation and continually challenge our people to think outside the square. Committed to our people, we have a culture where leaders are empowered to make decisions and individuals are able to succeed in a supportive environment that rewards both team work and ambition. Do you want to be part of the success story?
Working with the Executive Manager, Life and Specialty Claims, an opportunity has become available to play a key role in leading and developing an industry best practice claims management function that achieves key objectives in profitability, efficiency and service standards.
- Ensure the effective operational people management of the claims function across dual sites to ensure consistent outcomes for customers.
- To deliver a market leading case and claims management process, leveraging technology to deliver reduced costs.
- Coach and develop the team to drive delivery of a ’Customer @ the Forefront’ experience and to provide career experiences for employees.
- To create a case management community that provides growth for employees and creates attraction in the market.
- Support the Executive Manager, Life & Specialty Claims in the development and delivery of a claims strategy to improve business performance and support growth.
What we are looking for:
- Previous Life insurance case management experience and knowledge of medical terminology would be an advantage
- Experience in similar role leading a team in an operational / customer-focussed environment, with demonstrable leadership and people management skills with a coaching philosophy
- Functional knowledge & understanding of the claims management process and channels to alternative resolution approaches
- Ability to provide insights, trend information from analytical data and make recommendations to drive business decisions
Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
About the company:
Suncorp New Zealand is a key business in the Suncorp Group, which in turn is one of the largest financial service providers in Australasia with around 9 million customers and more than $28 billion funds under management. Suncorp Life is a life insurance specialist providing life and income protection services to clients across New Zealand under the well-respected brands of Asteron Life and AA Life.
What we also offer:
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus
- 50% discount on Vero insurance products
- Flexible leave of up to 4 days per year
- Positive, inclusive team environment where we welcome individuality and celebrate diversity
- Flexible work arrangements embracing a healthy work/life balance
- Discounted medical insurance through Southern Cross
- $250 annually towards wellness activities
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Opportunity to join the employee share plan
If this role sounds like you, apply online today!