Working for AMP Life
We are Australia and New Zealand’s largest life insurer, with assets of over $31bn and over 1.5 million customers. AMP Life is transitioning its business model to be an in-force specialist life insurer, with a focus on providing existing customers in Australia and New Zealand with insurances such as income protection, disability and life insurances and savings & investment products.
In 2020, it is planned that AMP Life will be sold by AMP to Resolution Life, a global in-force life insurance specialist.
About the role
Case Managers are responsible for the end to end comprehensive management of life, trauma, terminal illness, income protection and total and permanent disability claims. This includes engaging our customers and other key stakeholders in meaningful conversations while assessing and interpreting a wide spectrum of information to develop a deep understanding of each customer’s unique circumstances
- Conduct a critical comprehensive analysis of case information to facilitate an understanding of policy, medical, functional, occupational, financial and bio-psychosocial factors to determine eligibility and entitlement to benefits, within delegated level of authority
- Support early intervention strategies and duration management; develop, implement and monitor innovative cost-effective strategies
- Accurately calculate and authorise benefit payments according to delegated level of authority and completing various tasks to support the administration and management of claims
Capabilities & Experience
- Previous experience in assessing and managing disability claims or in the health services sector with knowledge of common medical terms and conditions.
- Experience and/or knowledge of corporate insurance environment and associated products and legislation.
- Analytical and decision-making skills to assess and interpret large amounts of complex information
- A high level of empathy and genuine concern for customers wellbeing